As a parent, teaching your kids how to fish is one of the best and thrilling experiences you can have. When teaching, you should have the right equipment for your kid, such as an attractive and light fishing rod. I’ve done the research for you on the best kids fishing poles which are reliable, light and very affordable.
The best kids fishing poles which I would recommend:
- Multi Outools
- LEO Light Weight
- SupsShop Rod and Reel Combo
- Lixada Combo
- Kids Pole and Reel Combo
The aim of this article is to provide you with an extensive review of the best gear for your kids. You get to know the features that come with these poles, their pros and cons, and that which makes them unique. After reading this piece, you will be able to choose the pole that is best for your kid.
Magreel PoleCheck on Amazon
With the tackles that come along with it, you can have a good time. When you gaze at this rod, you can tell of its uniqueness. It appears to have an attractive rustic look, which may compel your kids to fall in love with it.
All the accessories present in this kit are all lightweight and collapsible, which makes it easy to store and carry along. The bag that holds these tackles has an impressive size of 44×11.4×9.5 cm. The interior of the stylish bag has two mesh bags on one side; one fits the reel while the other a tackle box. There are also two elastic Velcro braided straps located on the other side, which are made to fix the rod.
- This kit is equipped with accessories such as a telescopic rod, spinning reel, line, tackle, important gears, including a travel bag.
- Children have a lot to earn. It can enhance patience, confidence, and it can as well strengthen balance and composure. Taking your children out is an awesome experience.
- Kit comes with a shoulder strap that makes it quite easy to carry around. It isn’t too bulky for your kids; neither does it weigh much. There are spaces located in the bag that is made for arranging the tools.
- Easy to handle
- Perfect for little boys and girls
- Contains all your kid needs
- Doesn’t come with an instruction
Multi Outools PoleCheck on Amazon
The multi outools pole is amongst the several amazing tackles present in the multi outools kid’s beginner kit. The pole is made of lightweight materials so that novice anglers like your children can easily handle it. The rod and reel combo can be arranged into a nice bag for convenience. It consists of tackles such as a pole, a spinning cast reel, including portable tackles that ensures that you and your kid have a great time.
The multi Outools pole weighs 135g / 0.13lb, and it is made of glass fiber so that it becomes light on the hand of your kid. This pole also has six contractive sections, including an extended and retractable length of 1.4m/55.51 in and 35cm/13.8in, respectively. It is also easy to use on ice.
- The best gift for your children or any novice angler.
- Excellent appearance: Nice and captivating. The rod and reel can be easily arranged in the bag and carried around.
- The tools in this kit are good for both saltwater and freshwater
- Has a max bearing weight of 4lb
- Comes with all necessary tackles
- Good for your kid
- Kitbag isn’t bulky
- Compact from boat
- Not easy to maintain
LEO Light Weight PoleCheck on Amazon
This pole was created using high-density carbon fiber with fiberglass. It also comes with some important tackles like a reel, a nice bag, line, etc. You can decide to make use of this pole without thinking of purchasing any accessories.
The reel, which is equipped with a rod, is made of zinc material; it also has a bearing that is water and dustproof, which makes it possible for the angler to fish in several spots irrespective of nature of the water. The roller present in the reel also makes it somewhat difficult for the line to break.
The pole is not bulky, which makes it very easy to be handled. With the sleek frame of the pole, it can easily fit into any backpack, in a car trunk, or a boat. It is also equipped with a stainless steel hooded reel seat to make the pole resistant to corrosion, which is caused by saltwater.
- Boast of all the necessary tackles
- It is anti-saltwater corrosion
- It can fit well in your bag, car trunk, or boat
- It is made of high-density carbon fiber with fiberglass
- Great for novice anglers
- Resistant to corrosion
- Might be too flexible for novice anglers
SupsShop Rod and Reel ComboCheck on Amazon
It is for children and youth beginners who want to give fishing a try. Its tackles are less complicated, unlike those tackles used by professional anglers. The SupsShop pole is one of the assortments of tackles present in its kit. The kit is equipped with tackles such as 1 spinning rod, 1 lightweight reel, 1 fishing lure set, amongst other tackles.
The SupsShop pole is made of FRP, EVA, and plastic. It has a size of 1.3M/4.3Ftl and weighs 75g, which is also 2.66ozl.
Just like most sets, the SupsShop also comes with a quality-fishing reel that weighs 186.5g or 6.58ozl. It has a short body but a large spool with a line capacity of MM/m 0.18/245 0.20/200 0.25/125. This reel is also equipped with a right and left interchangeable handle. It has a gear ration of 5.2:1.
- Your children will surely enjoy fishing with this GGbuy kit. It is equipped with amazing tackles such as a telescopic rod, spincast reel, line, and a fishing tackle.
- The fishing pole is equipped with a dual handle for the comfort of your children. The pole is just 1.3 m and 2.66oz. It is a lightweight pole, and it’s very easy to operate or handle.
- The spinning reel present in this kit is equipped with a modifiable right/left handle; 2+1 ball bearings, a gear ratio of 5.2:1. This reel is very sleek and isn’t difficult to handle.
- Comes with easy-to-usee tackles
- Amazing appearance
- Great for your children and novice anglers
- It has a quality spinning reel which isn’t complicated
Lixada Rod and Reel CombosCheck on Amazon
Here is a combo that is strictly for children. It comes with all the necessary tackles. You can enjoy a good adventure with your children with the aid of this kit. The tackles present in this kit are quite easy to operate, which makes this kit ideal for your kids and anyone who isn’t a professional angler.
Plan a fishing trip with your family and take this kit along for a thrilling adventure. Nothing beats having fun with your kids, and fishing is one of the perfect ways to do so. But without the right tackles, you and your kid may end up having a sore fishing experience. It is, therefore, essential that you get a kit that can ensure that you enjoy that little time you spend with your kid.
- This kit is equipped with the complete fishing combo including all necessary tackles
- Equipped with a telescopic fishing rod with a comfy EVA handle
- Comes with a convenient backpack for all accessories
- The perfect gift for your kid
- One of the best kit for children
- Easy to operate
- Has all that is required
- Can be hard to maintain especially without parents supervision
- Doesn’t come with a manual
Kids Pole Reel ComboCheck on Amazon
If you desire to spend more time taking part in outdoor activities with your kids, then fishing with this product is certainly your best option. With this pole, you can explore nature and join your kids in their favourite hobbies.
This combo comes in an amazing design that would surely captivate your kid. This kit also has a simple but quality reel, which is quite easy to operate and effective as well. The tender grip of the reel makes it very easy to operate, and this product will surely make your kid want to go fishing always. Rod was made to stand the test of time and make certain that your kids have fun while fishing with you.
- Convenient to carry: This rod has a custom tackle box where you can safely store all you need for your next adventure. Arranging all the tackles in the backpack isn’t difficult.
- Built for durability: Comes with a fiberglass construction that makes it very durable and long-lasting.
- Soft grip handle
- Collapsible rod
- Portable backpack
- Attractive design and colour
- Some customer claim that it pulls apart easily
- Not strong enough
Teaching your kid how to fish can be a very difficult task; this is because they have no experience. While teaching, the first thing you should remember is that it is a fun activity to do with the family. If they will enjoy it, they will definitely stick to it for eternity. It is very important that you make use of the best gear for them to ensure that the teaching is smooth and void of any interruption.
It is best you have a slight knowledge of what a fishing pole is (for those who don’t) before you purchase one. You may have seen this equipment before (on TV, the internet, a newspaper, etc.) but you probably didn’t know its name. The below description will help you visualize this equipment better.
What is a Fishing Pole?
Poles are majorly made from natural materials such as bamboo, cane, and it can also be made from a stick gotten from the edge of the water. Its basic design, coupled with the fact that it doesn’t have any moving components, is what makes pole fishing extraordinary.
The line is affixed to the end of the pole and thrown in the water with a simple swing. A rapid drag from the end of the pole pulls the fish out of the water. This way may seem old-fashioned, but there is a new style known as the Tenkara, which entails utilizing a pole created from modern materials in a way you would use the bamboo stick.
Things to consider before buying fishing rod for your kid:
Having been briefed on the best kids poles, below are few things that you should consider before purchasing a fishing pole for your kid.
- Ease of use