If you are a huge kayak fishing fan, then your primary aim on each fishing trip would certainly be you accomplish the biggest catch. However, achieving this feat is not as easy as it seems because in most cases, you don’t actually know where to cast your baitcasting rod.
To overcome this hurdle, you do not have to look far, as there exist inexpensive fish finders for kayaks on the market capable of helping you out. This device can actually move you a step closer to achieving that dream of making a big catch, and it does it by simply identifying the ideal fishing spot. All you have to do is simply cast your baitcasting rod and if you are lucky enough, you might reel in that big catch.
In going for a brand of these fish finders, it is paramount that you purchase one that is “good and inexpensive”. Finding one that satisfy the above-mentioned conditions might not be easy.
However, the good news is that in this article, we have compiled a list of fish finders for kayaks that suits the above-mentioned conditions. So read on to find out more…
Good and Inexpensive Fish Finders for Kayaks:
- Deeper PRO Smart Portable Sonar
- Moocor HD 1000 TVL Fish Finder
- Eyoyo 7″ TFT LCD Portable Underwater Fish Finder
- LUCKY Portable Handheld Fish Finder
- Eyoyo 9 Inch Underwater Fish Finder
- Deeper Flexible Arm Mount 1.0 Fish Finder
- LUCKY Fish Finder for Kayak Fishing
- Moocor Portable Fish Finder Camera HD 1000 TVL
- Lucky Wireless Fish Finder
- LUCKY Wired & Wireless Portable Fish Finder
- Garmin Striker 4cv with Transducer
Casts up to an impressive 330ft and scans down to 260ft. It works with a dual beam sonar frequency, 55° wide beam (90KHZ) and 15° narrow beam (290KHZ).
Create bathymetric maps when trolling from a kayak or while hole hopping when ice fishing. It comes with unlimited access to lake book, deeper is bathymetric management platform where you can store, review and analyze all your maps on any type of device
Deeper PRO Smart Portable Sonar
- It can last for one day after charging
- It floats like a huge bobber
- It is very portable
- It can easily be mounted on a kayak arm (different accessory)
- It can be casted like a large lure, to get it across the fishing hole without frightening the fish
- It comes with a GPS function to let you track your previous locations and save coordinates of places you caught fish
- It connects to your smart device (tablet, smartphone) through its own WiFi so it can connect provided you can cast
- It works on ice fishing mode as well, which doubles as a dock or pier-fishing mode for those in warmer regions. Can be strapped to a railing and used to see if there are fishes beneath a pier
This wireless, versatile, and castable fish finder is the ideal choice for professional and avid anglers.
Its outstanding versatility makes it quite suitable for trolling from a small boat or a kayak, casting from the shore, or use as an ice flasher for ice fishing in winter. Coupled with the deeper app and displayed on your smart phone, you will be able to ascertain fish locations, water temperature, size and suspended depth, including the location of underwater vegetation, structure, bottom contour and hardness.
With a smaller size than a baseball, and lighter than a large chocolate bar, this device weighs a mere 3.5oz and is quite portable.
It has the ability to cast further and scan deeper than its rivals in the market. It also comes with a dual scanning system for deep and shallow waters.
The deeper pro smart portable sonar produces its own Wi-Fi to connect with your smartphone, anytime, any day, and anywhere.
With this impressive device, you can store and regain all your previous scan and contour maps, anytime, from any device.
This ideal and portable fish finder for kayaks is capable of relieving you from the nightmares of fruitless trolling.
With a multi-function ICD monitor, portable high resolution ICD fish monitor, sun visor, and an highlight led backlight, this amazing fish finder can be utilized under the sun, and its HD 4.3-inch ICD display comes with several impressive functions like: high fidelity video output functions, low battery reminder, etc.
This fishing camera, which can work underwater, is equipped with infrared LED lights and a 100tvl HD camera, which is capable of briefing your eyes with the realistic and delicate underwater world.
Moocor HD 1000 TVL Fish Finder
- It has a portable 4.0-inch color display and high-resolution underwater camera
- It has an extensive array of functions such as: 3x digital zoom, water depth and temperature display, high fidelity video output function, low battery indicator, power saving mode
- Its LCD display brightness can be up to 2000cd/me, which is capable of displaying clear images even in the sun
- Its Night camera allows you to monitor the fish in the dark
- It is portable, and can be used continuously for up to 8 hours
- It has a Camera angle of 136° which can provide you with an open view
- It has a IP 68 high-level waterproof fishing camera designed with LED light
- It comes with a metal exterior frame for strength and durability
It is widely regarded as the perfect companion for those who love to go on saltwater fishing trips or ice fishing. This device helps you to observe the fish and monitor the underwater topography. It is also capable of notifying you if the fish bites the hook or not.
This device, which is a typical example of a good and inexpensive fish finder for kayaks, is an attractive and convenient underwater video camera system. It does not only come with a 7-inch large colour screen, it as well comes with a HD camera, which is equipped with HD 1000TV lines.
In addition, it has 12 high-powered white lights that acts as the camera’s source of light and are separated from camera to camera to stop water spray from entering into it. The LED lights can be turned off when not needed.
Eyoyo 7″ TFT LCD Portable Underwater Fish Finder
- 7″ color LCD monitor. This fishfinder has a 7-inch large TFT color screen with HD 800*480 pixels and removable sun-visor ideal for bright environments
- With 12pcs infrared LEDs and 12pcs IR LED lights, fishes will be more visible in the dark environment
- It is equipped with carrying case. The waterproof suitcase is small and very portable, which is quite convenient for you to carry wherever you want.
- It can provide to 8 hours of battery life when completely charged
This amazing product is one great investment; it is user-friendly and very affordable.
This device is amazingly strong for its size. It is equipped with 5 sensitivity options and can detect fish to a depth range of 3 feet to 328 feet. It comes in handy for several fishing options and is particularly amazing for kayak fishing.
The coverage of its sensor has a 45° beam angle in 200 kHz and the transducer comes with a 25ft cable. The 2-inch screen has a blue backlight for bad visibility conditions and will indicate more than just the depth of the water, it will also indicate tall and short weeds, sand or rocks on the bottom of the lake and the locations of any nearby fish.
LUCKY Portable Handheld Fish Finder
- It has a 45° beam angle with 200 kHz in detection.
- You can go fishing with the fish depth finder in several ways, like ice fishing, sea fishing, shore fishing, surf fishing, kayak fishing, bass fishing etc. The bracket permits you to affix the sensor transducer to your boat or kayak
- The device is rechargeable. It also comes with USB cable for charging. The fish depth finder can work continuously for about 5 hours with complete charge. The cap located on the sonar usually lights in the dark and can assists you to pinpoint the position of sonar during night fishing.
- Several features settings: lucky portable fish finder comes with an updated underwater contour display (3 types of display you can select from, clearer and professional). You can also set up sensitivity, depth range, screen brightness, zoom, depth alarm, fish icon, etc.
- It has two major user modes simulation and transducer
It comes with a very durable battery saver mode for when not being used, so you do not have to fret about excessive loss of your marine battery.
The lucky portable fishing sonar handheld wire fish finder is quite portable and it is equipped with a neck strap made for smaller fishing trips.
The battery lasts for around 4-5 hours when used frequently.
This impressive modern fish finder does not only have a broad and colourful 9-inch screen, it is also equipped with an amazing 1000TVL HD camera.
In addition, it also comes with a removable sun visor.
The most crucial feature of this device is its 12pcs white LEDs and 12pcs infrared LEDs for night vision.
Eyoyo 9 Inch Underwater Fish Finder
- It has a 9-inch TFT color monitor with removable sun-visor for bright environment.
- It has a camera waterproof level of: IP68.
- It has a 12V 4500mAh lithium battery for 6-8 hours working time.
- With 12 PC’s white lights and 12 PC’s infrared lights for night visibility. Lights can be controlled by the switch located on the cell box.
- Metal housing: durable, strong, and easily radiating.
- It has a high resolution 1000TVL HD camera for clear image.
These 24pcs lights are separated from the camera to stop water spray from coming into the camera.
You can put on the IR lights or White lights freely, and the lights can be switched off when not needed.
You should also be aware that this device does not come with an 8GB memory card so it cannot take video and photos.
The deeper flexible arm mount is a fishing accessory for mounting fish finders to any type of boat, kayaks, belly boats, canoes, or remote-controlled floating equipment.
This fish finder allows the attachment of your deeper on several items. A ¼ 20″ screw guarantees compatibility with RAM mounts and several paddle equipment. The bulky and stable dealer arm can be used in several conditions in different types of water and at higher speed.
Deeper Flexible Arm Mount 1.0 Fish Finder
- Its high-quality materials guarantee longevity
- It is compatible with RAM mounts and several paddle equipment
- Has an arm diameter: 1.4cm
- It has a small and fast installation by quick-action lock
- Has an arm length of: 50cm, can be easily bent and positioned
- It is very versatile
- It is made of aluminium and stainless steel
The terminal, which is quickly and easily openable, allows a very easy and fast assembly and can be affixed to a plastic including metal pieces.
Its UV (ultra-versatile) flexible arm adjusts to a variety of angles.
This device can be utilized for high tide fishing as well.
The optional fishing mode and barometric pressure readout function are its amazing functions that you can only find on this particular model. It is primarily designed for kayak fishing and boat fishing. You can strap this depth finder to anywhere with a smooth surface or strap it to any mount for a standard screw of an inch. Utilize this tool for your fishing trips and you will discover that the fishes have no place to escape.
LUCKY Fish Finder for Kayak Fishing
- Default Data Setting for several mode of fishing: You can freely select Shallow Mode, General Mode, Slope Mode, Ice Fishing Mode, or raft mode according to where you intend on fishing.
- The related data setting was built-in several fishing modes accordingly. It is a concerned design for fishing newbies.
- Depth and bottom contour Readout: The lucky Kayak depth finder detects and depicts water depth (max 328ft/100m), approximate fish spot, sand and rocks on bottom, short & tall weeds. 2.2-inch LCD display provides you with a large, lucid and sun-visible visual experience.
- Fish Alarm and temperature/air pressure Readout: The lucky Kayak fish finder does not only indicate the presence of fishes, it also helps you differentiate small fishes from large fishes.
- You can read both air temperature, air pressure and water temperature on the display. Lucky fish finders for boats help you to find out the relations between the weather and the fish.
- Convertible Triple Suction Cup Mount: The Lucky kayak fish finder is firmly affixed to any smooth surface by the mount.
- You can also change to any other mount by the 1/4 inch standard screws, for instance, tripod Mount, tube mount, etc.
- Wide Applications: Lucky kayak fish finder is a perfect fish finder for kayak fishing, boats fishing, float tube fishing, and canoe fishing. It is an ideal kayak depth finder for boating.
- It will help you get more fishes in sea fishing, shore fishing, ice fishing and other fishing circumstances.
This professional fish finder camera is helpful for fishing activities. It comes with a Portable 3.5-inch color display and high-resolution underwater camera
With a variety of functions, such as:720P video recording function, 3x digital zoom, low battery indicator, high fidelity video output function, taking pictures, power saving feature, this tool is regarded as one of its kind.
This special fish finder is also equipped with an 8GB TF card. Its video recording time can be up to 6 hours, and you can record the underwater landscapes, as you want.
Moocor Portable Fish Finder Camera HD 1000 TVL
- This fish finder camera comes in two parts: HD LCD monitor and underwater camera. It serves as an ideal partner for anglers who like ice fishing or sea fishing. This fishing tool also helps you to monitor the fish and keep close tabs on the underground topography, so you can clearly see if the fish takes the hook or not.
- IP68 underwater camera: with 15m special waterproof, cold resistant and anti-pressing cable, HD 1000TVL fishing camera can get to the deep sea and maintain up to 30kg pull. The camera is equipped with some infrared LED lamps, which provides highlight night light; the image sensor chip is adopted with 1/3.6 inch and 440,000 pixels. It ensures lucid and color image, CMOS sensor, and its low-level lightning is 0.01Lux.
- Wide applications: strong and durable depth finder can be utilized in several fishing activities. It comes with a long standby time; the usage time of the lithium battery is about 8 hours after a complete charge.
- Multi-function LCD monitor: portable high resolution LCD for monitor has highlight LED backlight and sun visor, can be utilized under the sun, HD 3.5in LCD display comes with several functions like 3x digital zoom, low battery indicator, power saving mode, and high fidelity video output.
Its excellent LCD display comes up with a sun visor, and is capable of showing clear image even under the sun
This device also has an impressive night camera, which allows you to fish in the dark, and you can carry the fishing camera anywhere. It can be used for up to 8 hours continuously.
Its amazing camera angle of 135° can give you an open view. The frame of this fishing camera is all made of metal, firm and durable.
Another fish finder in this category is the lucky wireless fish finder. This fish finder is designed for professional and amateur anglers.
The depth finders for kayak discover and detect water depth, precise fish location, water temperature and underwater bottom contour.
The fishfinder wireless monitor displays fish icons with water depth when fishes are discovered.
Lucky Wireless Fish Finder
- Detecting wireless operation range and distance: This wireless fishing device detects depth range from 3ft (1 meter) to 328ft (100 metres). The wireless fish finder operation range is around 980ft (300metres). Wireless fishing sonar transducer works in 200 kHz and a 45° beam angle.
- Wireless fish finder for bait boat: The wireless fish finder is made to be used with a bait boat. You will discover several information on the wireless depth finders displays such as fish size, fish-bait, bottom contour, fish schools, water surface line, water depth, weeds, temperature, etc.
- 5-inch high-definition LCD display: screen resolution of the wireless fish finder is 330V x 480H, 9-level screen brightness setting is to ensure proper display color in diverse environment and a different observation angles. There exist several operational language options in the wireless fish finder, this includes English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, and so on.
- Depth alarm and area zoom; No need to fret about the boat when it makes contact with rocks. Sound alerts will be transmitted from the wireless fishing sonar when the depth is equal to or less than the setting. You can also freely magnify any region within 100 metres underwater and see processed information on the fishing depth finder display.
Its wireless monitor will differentiate fish size and display in three kinds of fish icons (Small, Medium and Big). This fish finder device will send you the sound alarm for you attention when fishes or school of fishes are discovered.
You can adjust the sensitivity of this fishfinder.
It is important that you pick the best sensitivity according to the realistic water conditions.
The lucky wireless fishfinder is made for bait boat fishing. For offshore fishing, put the wireless sonar transducer on the bait boats.
When fishes are discovered, you can load the baits and attract the fishes to your lures. For kayak fishing and bait fishing, you can remote control your bait boats to go further to find fish.
When the fishing fish finder transmits fish alarm, you can go there and reel in several fishes.
This fishfinder device is regarded as one of the best castable sonar, which comes with the wireless and wired modes. It has waterproof and floating design. You can utilize this device to reel in fish from any kayak or boat. It is equipped with a rechargeable battery with 10-hours continuous use on a single charge to maximize its fresh and salt-water operation.
Lucky fish finder is ideal for shore anglers. From detecting structure to spotting fish, its extraordinary range and scanning depth give you the best advantage.
LUCKY Wired & Wireless Portable Fish Finder
- It has a power rating of: 3.7V rechargeable lithium battery
- It has a depth capability of wireless 147 feet (45metres) cable 328 feet (100m)
- It has a different of 2.8 inch LCD with 3 color tone
- It has a wireless operational range of 328 feet (100m)
- Requirement of wireless sensor battery: one replaceable CR2032 battery
The fish finder is the strongest castable sonar ever, it casts further and scans deeper and sees detailed depth data. Moreover, yes, you can use it for trolling and ice fishing.
You can adjust its sensitivity, include or remove fish icons and alarms, and select from 3 colour displays – select narrow to wide beam scanning based on diverse fishing categories.
This amazing fishfinder comes with several features that anglers cherish. It offers its users both 2D CHIRP sonar and Clear Vu. The clear Vu is identical to the older DownVu, but the imaging provided is much wider; clearVu also includes CHIRP.
This fishfinder is capable of operating at 50/77/200kHz for its 2D traditional sonar , and at 260/455/800kHz for clearVu transducer (CV20-TM) which is capable of utilizing the 77/200kHz frequencies for 2D and 455/800kHz for CV.
Garmin Striker 4cv with Transducer
- Screen: 3.5 diagonal, 480V x 320H pixel resolution HVGA color, backlit
- Sonar: 2D CHIRP and clearVu
- Frequency and coverage: 2D sonar: 200kHz/15° and 77kHz/45° ( fore to aft) x 53°, 800kHz / 1.6° ( fore to aft) x 29°
- It has a depth capability of 1,750ft for freshwater and 830ft for saltwater
- Transducer: CV 20-TM
- Transmit power : 300W (RMS)
- GPS: High-sensitivity, internal
- Maps: No
- Waypoints: 5,000
This transducer is identical in capabilities with the GT20-TM model. It has a built-in temperature sensor, and has a temperature log and graph functions, which can be useful if, for instance, you are in search of currents, which can be identified in the top water layer.
This fishfinder system provides a depth capability of about 1,750 ft. for freshwater and 830 ft. for saltwater; but, these are its highest depth capabilities. Depth capacity depends strictly on water condition and the type of bottom
There exist several useful functions available with the 2D sonar of this unit, including Ultrascroll, AutoGain, Fish symbols, fish alarms, etc.
One thing to take note of regarding this particular device is that it does not provide sonar recording and sonar rewind such as the echo MAP, CHIRP 43cv or 45cv, for instance. It also lacks the QuickDraw contours function.
- It can calculate the speed of your boat or kayak
- It can display coordinates
- It can save up to 5,000 waypoints
- It has a high-sensitivity GP
- It has an IPX waterproof and LED backlight for better readability in direct sunlight
- Quite easy to install
- Unit cover not added
- No microSD card reader
- No NMEA connectivity
There are several inexpensive fish finders for kayaks out there, some are even much better than its expensive rivals. Some of these inexpensive fishfinder are stated in this article.
When going on a fishing trip in that kayak of yours, one device you should not fail to bring along should be your fishfinder, because this little device has the ability to determine whether you’ll make a good catch or go home frustrated.